Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Paint, Vases, Decoupage, & Too Many Craft Ideas At Once - Oh My!

Last night I went to the craft store and bought paint to get started on my "faux" milk glass vases. I started on my baby blue vase last night. Even though I added paint to the vase in small increments as instructed, I could tell that I used too much overall. Once the whole inside of the vase was coated, I turned it upside down to allow any excess paint to drip down out of the vase. Even with that slight mishap, it is still turning out great, especially for my first attempt.

I started working on my lemonade yellow vase as soon as I got home from work today. Definitely trying to be even more careful on my paint use, and as of now, only a small portion of the vase is left to coat. Once both vases are completely dry, I will post pictures.

Another project that I have wanted to work on for a few days (since reading about a new brand from Stampington Magazine's Facebook) is decoupage. I got all excited about it since I haven't done decoupage in years. Only one problem . . . what do I want to decoupage? Somewhat important, right? It just took a few days of thinking and walking by my glass coasters for the lightbulb to spark. I'm already planning out ideas for my coaster makeover. More to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment