Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Practice Milk Vases & Mother's Day Preparation


As promised, here is a picture of the faux milk vases I made a week ago. Not shabby for a first attempt; however, I must say that I definitely need a "re-do".
1.) I was so quick in and out of the craft store that I bought the wrong type of paint. Hoping that it would still work, I was willing to test it out. Unfortunately, the paint is starting to come off on parts of the vases, particularly the baby blue vase.
2.) The opening of these vases are small so there was lack of control over where the paint goes once it's inside the vase which I think was part of the reason I used too much paint on my first vase - the one in baby blue. That, or I'm just not skilled yet . . .
Perhaps next month I will buy a larger vase, and make sure I get the right paint this time. Geez! Hopefully then it will work. On the bright side, I'm glad these were tested out on vases I already had, instead of ruining a vase I specifically bought for the project. Gotta look on the bright side, right? If anyone has suggestions on where to buy inexpensive, but uniquely shaped vases, PLEASE let me know. Of course, I will be checking out the antique fair, garage sales, or wherever else I go, but any tips would be appreciated.
Since mother's day is coming up in less than two weeks, I have that much time to get all of my mother's day jewelry done - four individual projects in all. Because I have a hard due date for those, that is what I will be working on mostly until then. Hopefully the moms will enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bru,
    what a great idea, they look terrific! Canning jars might be fun to try too and not too expensive! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete